About ACAAFounded in February 1997, the members of the Air Carrier Association of America have brought affordable airfares to the American traveler. By promoting the availability of low-fare service, we have allowed American travelers to:
- Visit family members
- Go away to school
- Take hard-earned vacations
- Receive important medical treatment
- Visit hometowns and see old friends
- Provide valuable travel experiences for children and families
- Be there for the birth of a child or to be with a loved one
- Make valuable face-to-face contacts for business
- Take last-minute trips
- TSA Pre-Check Expands to 60 Additional Airports.
September 4, 2013
- ACAA Congratulates the Management Team at Akron-Canton Airport for creating a system to allow mobile boarding passes.
August 15, 2013
- ACAA Congratulates the President & CEO Rick McQueen of Akron-Canton Airport and the Airport’s management team for winning the Social Media Award and Placing First in the Social Media Campaign.
June 14, 2013
- ACAA Congratulates Akron Canton Airport for “Celebrating” its Best March Traffic Ever!! Good work by Rick McQueen and Christie Van Auken of CAK.
April 26, 2013
- ACAA Congratulates Akron Canton Airport for holding its Customer Appreciation Day.
April 2, 2013
- ACAA congratulates Akron Canton Airport and its officials for another record breaking month.
November 21, 2012
- ACAA Congratulates Southwest Airlines for being named as one of the Nation’s Top 20 Most Community-Minded Companies in America.
November 9, 2012
- ACAA Congratulates Southwest Airlines for launching service at Key West International Airport.
November 7, 2012
- ACAA Congratulates Southwest Airlines for again honoring Veterans, service members, and their families across the country.
November 2, 2012
- ACAA Congratulates Southwest Airlines for Hiring Randy Babbitt
October 16, 2012
- Ed Faberman, Executive Director of the Air Carrier Association of America, congratulates Southwest Airlines/Airtran Airways for helping Akron-Canton Airport reach its busiest month ever in total passengers carried.
June 27, 2012
- DOT Baggage Rule
June 22, 2012
- ACAA congratulates Akron-Canton Airport for expanding parking facilities for people who take flights at the airport. The lot is important because of the additional low-fare service that airport officials have brought to the airport.
June 15, 2012
- ACAA congratulates Akron-Canton Airport officials on working with AirTran Airways to add a flight to Denver.
May 18, 2012
- ACAA congratulates Akron-Canton Airport on bringing in low-fare flight options that have resulted in record savings.
May 3, 2012
- ACAA congratulates Southwest Airlines for receiving final approval to start nonstop service to Cancun from Midway Airport.
April 5, 2012
- ACAA congratulates Southwest Airlines for adding new service to Akron-Canton Airport.
April 2, 2012
- ACAA congratulates Southwest Airlines for receiving the J.D. Power 2012 Customer Service Champion Award.
March 15, 2012
- Congratulations to Southwest Airlines, which announced increased passenger traffic.
March 7, 2012
- ACAA congratulates Southwest Airlines for providing free transportation to hospitals across the country!
February 22, 2012
- ACAA congratulates Rick McQueen and the Akron-Canton Airport team for opening of the new TSA checkpoint. As Rick McQueen noted, "this improves the relaxing experience that customers of CAK experience."
January 27, 2012
- ACAA congratulates Kristie van Auken and all at the Akron-Canton Airport Authority for expanding its TSA checkpoint. It is a larger checkpoint and will be easier for passengers to navigate.
January 20, 2012
- ACAA congratulates Southwest Airlines on its New Aircraft Order
December 13, 2011
- Congratulations to Akron-Canton Airport for another spectacular month!
November 22, 2011
- ACAA is proud to be part of an Aviation Industry Coalition urging Congress to oppose tax increases that would be imposed on the industry and passengers since it would discourage some people from flying and impact their jobs. This letter was sent to Congressional leaders and includes a quote from ACAA Executive Director Edward P. Faberman.
October 27, 2011
- ACAA Congratulates Rick McQueen, President and CEO of Akron-Canton Airport, for their Busiest September of All Time, up 11 percent.
October 27, 2011
- ACAA Joins Multiple Aviation Groups in Urging Congress Not to Impose New Fees and Taxes on the Aviation Industry
September 21, 2011
- ACAA asked the FAA to bring true airline deregulation to LGA and DCA
July 7, 2011
- ACAA congratulates Tony Lefebvre for his appointment as Spirit Airlines Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
June 23, 2011
- ACAA congratulates Akron-Canton Airport and Rick McQueen, president and CEO, for their busiest April ever, beating their record from 2006
May 23, 2011
- AirTran Airlines recently announced that it is adding service at Akron-Canton Airport to several markets. Akron-Canton remains an important market for AirTran. Other airlines also announced additional service at the airport
April 25, 2011
- ACAA joined other aviation groups in supporting a proposal by Senator Schumer to improve FAA’s regulatory process and require cost benefit studies
March 31, 2011
- ACAA Salutes AirTran Airways' Steve Kolski
March 18, 2011
- ACAA congratulates Akron-Canton Airport and Rick McQueen, president and CEO, for their busiest January ever - beats record from 2010.
February 16, 2011
- Ed Faberman, Executive Director of ACAA, will speak at the FAA Aviation Forecast Conference, February 15, 2011, on an informative panel addressing how the industry will meet future challenges through innovation. In particular, the panel will address where airlines go from here and what the future of airlines will look like. He will raise issues that limit the expansion of low-fare service and importance of that service to consumers and communities.
January 14, 2011
- ACAA congratulates Akron-Canton Airport and Rick McQueen, president and CEO, for their busiest November of all time; their eighth monthly record in 2010
December 23, 2010
- ACAA congratulates Akron-Canton Airport and Rick McQueen, president and CEO, for their busiest October of all time; their seventh monthly record in 2010
November 15, 2010
- ACAA congratulates Akron-Canton Airport and Rick McQueen, president and CEO, for their busiest September of all time; their sixth monthly record in 2010
October 12, 2010
- ACAA congratulates AirTran Airways for operational excellence during the busy summer travel season.
September 13, 2010
- ACAA congratulates AirTran Airways for being presented with the FAA's prestigious Aviation Maintenance Technician Diamond Award of Excellence for the 14th consecutive year
August 24, 2010
- ACAA congratulates Punchy and Akron-Canton Airport Authority on its new campaign!
July 28, 2010
- ACAA congratulates Akron-Canton Airport and Rick McQueen, president and CEO, for their busiest May ever
June 22, 2010
- ACAA congratulates AirTran Airways for being named Best Value Airline in 2010 by SmarterTravel
May 25, 2010
- ACAA congratulates AirTran Airways on bringing additional low-fare travel options to residents of the Milwaukee area and those connecting at Milwaukee. This is another example of the importance of having low-fare carriers, particularly a carrier like AirTran that also provides business class service, enter a market like Milwaukee
April 6, 2010
- ACAA congratulates CAK on getting the funds and for their hard work in expanding airport flight options
March 15, 2010
- ACAA congratulates Akron-Canton Airport and Rick McQueen, president and CEO, on continuing to build traffic at the airport
February 18, 2010
- ACAA congratulates Akron-Canton Airport and Rick McQueen, president and CEO, for their second best year ever
January 26, 2010
- Ed Faberman, Executive Director of ACAA: This is another example of expanded service options for low-fare carriers and airports when they work together to best serve the American public. Both Akron-Canton Airport (CAK) and AirTran Airways continue to work together to add new markets for the Akron Canton community. We congratulate Rick McQueen, CAK's President and CEO for continuing to bring new service to Akron-Canton Airport.
January 5, 2010
- AirTran Airways Brings Low Fares to the Caribbean With New Service to Aruba
December 19, 2009
- ACAA is part of a coalition that sent the attached letter to Congressional leaders urging them and others to include funding for the modernization of the Air Traffic Control System in legislation moving forward to increase jobs throughout the country. Funding for NextGen will create thousands of jobs and stimulate the economy.
November 23, 2009
- Executive Director Ed Faberman congratulates AirTran Airways and Rick McQueen, President and CEO of Akron Canton Airport for working together to add important new nonstop service from Akron Canton to Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport. Akron Canton continues to see expanded service options and AirTran continues to strengthen its service at the airport.
November 4, 2009
- Travel Promotion Act Letter to the House of Representatives
September 29, 2009
- ACAA applauds TSA for selecting Douglas Hofsass to be Deputy Assistant Administrator of Transportation Sector Network Management
September 24, 2009
- ACAA Applauds the Atlanta Business League for Naming Bob Fornaro CEO of the Year
June 16, 2009
- ACAA Applauds AirTran Airways and Frontier Airlines for Ranking Top in Baggage Performance and Fewest Oversold Flights in March 2009
May 26, 2009
- ACAA Welcomes the Confirmation of John Porcari as Deputy Secretary of Transportation
May 26, 2009
- ACAA Applauds Congress for Confirming Randy Babbitt to be FAA Administrator
May 26, 2009
- Aviation and Climate Change: The Views of Aviation Industry Stakeholders
February 17, 2009
- FAA Reauthorization Industry Letters
February 10, 2009
- FAA’s NextGen Implementation Plan 2009
February 2, 2009
- LaHood Confirmed as Secretary of Transportation
January 23, 2009
- ACAA Applauds the Naming of Lynne Osmus as the FAA Acting Deputy Adminstrator
January 7, 2009
- Representative LaHood Will be the Next Secretary of Transportation
December 18, 2008
- ACAA Submits List of Priority Items to the Obama Transition Team
December 10, 2008
- Department of Transportation's Tamarac Delay Task Force Final Model Contingency Plan
November 13, 2008
- Edward Faberman, Executive Director of the ACAA, Receives an Award From DOT Secretary Mary Peters
November 13, 2008
- ACAA Applauds AirTran Airways for Ranking First in Baggage Performance in September 2008
November 11, 2008
- Broad Transportation Coalition, including ACAA, Urges Congress to Act on High Fuel Prices
July 24, 2008
- ACAA Applauds Senator Reid and Other Sponsors of S. 3268
July 17, 2008
- Akron-Canton AIrport Welcomes 7.7 Percent More Passengers in June
July 14, 2008
- ACAA applauds announcement by Secretary Peters regarding New York congestion and delays
July 3, 2008
- ACAA Emphasizes the Importance of Low-Fare Flight Options to the Tourism Industry
June 26, 2008
- ACAA Urges Congress to Ensure the Future of Real Airline Competition
June 18, 2008